Regiment Deputy Commander - Lieutenant Colonel
Unit: 228th Motorized Rifle Regiment, 90th Guards Tank Division, 41st Combined Arms Army, Central Military District
On May 2, 2022, Guard Lieutenant Colonel Bichikaev, despite his high position, personally led the scouts to carry out a particularly important combat mission.
The outnumbered sabotage group of the enemy went in the opposite direction, a fierce battle ensued. Bichikaev, who caused fire on himself, was seriously wounded, the bullet broke the artery. Possessing an unbending will and high professionalism, he continued to lead the battle. "The commander is wounded!" - sounded on the air. But he stopped: “It's a scratch! Keep working! Work!” - and, continuing to suppress the enemy's firing points, led the battle, ensuring the preservation of the lives of his subordinates.
Thanks to his competent and selfless actions, the enemy sabotage group was completely destroyed. At the end of the battle, our scouts began to call each other on the air, checking whether everything was in order. But the commander's radio was silent. The soldiers rushed to his position: he bled to death and was no longer breathing, an enemy bullet that broke an artery ended the life of a courageous officer. Having been wounded at the very beginning of the battle, he, realizing that any distraction of the fighters for his dressing and evacuation would weaken the battle formations and endanger them, deliberately shifted priorities, leaving himself no chance, supported the soldiers with fire, directed their actions, answering requests on the air about his condition: “Work on! Work!”
Cargo ID: #151
Full Name: Fezul Avtandilovich Bichikaev
Russian Name: Бичикаев Фезул Автандилович
Date of Birth: July 25, 1985 (age: 36 years)
Lived in: Vladikavkaz, North Ossetia - Alania (Occupied Georgia)
Education: North Caucasian Suvorov Military School (graduated with honors), Novosibirsk Higher Military Command School (graduated with honors with a degree in "the use of military intelligence units")
Awards: Medal "For Distinction in Military Service" 3rd Class, Medal of Zhukov, Medal "Participant of the Military Operation in Syria", Medal of the Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" 2nd Class, Order of Courage (ph.)
The combat log testifies to the military merits of the Guards Lieutenant Colonel Bichikaev during the war:
- the reconnaissance group under the command and with the direct participation of Bichikaev collected intelligence about the location of the enemy, entered first and ensured the successful completion of tasks in the settlement. Chervonopovka, Kremennaya
- in the settlement Yampolovka, under the command and with the direct participation of Bichikaev, intelligence was collected that contributed to the successful completion of the combat mission, as a result of which Bichikaev's reconnaissance group captured the command stronghold of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, followed by the collection of information about the location of the enemy and his equipment.
- On May 2, 2022, under the command and with direct participation in the performance of the combat mission of Bichikaev, the DRG was completely destroyed in the forest belt near the settlement. Kirovskoe. During the battle, Bichikaev was wounded, but continued to command the group until the complete successful completion of the assigned combat mission, without distracting the fighters and without putting their lives at risk due to the provision of medical care to him during the battle. Death resulted from internal hemorrhage.
Served in the Volga-Urals Military District in the following positions:
- Commander of a radio intelligence platoon
- Commander of a company of reconnaissance equipment
- Commander of an intelligence platoon
- Commander of a reconnaissance company
- Chief of Staff / Deputy Commander of a reconnaissance battalion
- Commander of a reconnaissance battalion
- Deputy commander of a regiment